CQA College Blast
The University of Tampa, Tampa, Florida
Phoebe Perelman-Admissions counselor - works with students from Massachusetts and is an alum-graduated in 2018’
U Tampa is a medium private independent university
· Located in the city of Tampa which provides numerous opportunities and internships.
· 8800 undergraduates
· Very diverse student body from coming 130 countries/50 states
· 20% in-state students
· 10% international
· 22 students in the average class
220 areas of study in 4 Colleges:
· College of Arts and Letters
· Sykes College of Business
· College of Natural and Health Sciences
· College of Social Sciences, Mathematics, and Education
Applying as an Undecided applicant is easy, and all programs are direct entry.
· Not direct entry programs-these require separate applications sophomore year.
o Nursing-#1 nursing in Florida
o Athletic training
· Criminology, Criminal Justice
· Marine Biology
· Performing Arts
· Sports Management
U Tampa does not offer:
· Host events for the specific four colleges
· The job and internships website is robust
· Host six recruiter fairs
· There are courses for students to help them with obtaining jobs, etc.
· Some majors require internships
· 11 residence halls
· Freshmen and sophomore year students get preference for on-campus housing
· Junior and seniors typically move off campus-there are many off-campus housing options close to campus and there is an off-campus coordinator to help in that process
· Greek life, but no houses. About 20% of students are Greek.
· Over 1000 study abroad programs in 100 countries around the world
· There are also Travel Courses for about 1-2 weeks during a spring, summer or winter break.
Cost of Attendance:
· Cost of Attendance is around 42,000 per year
· UT does not do any bargaining with students for merit scholarships b/c of the low cost of attendance.
· 97% of students do not pay the full sticker price.
Average accepted students’ data:
· GPA 3.4 unweighted
· Average SAT-1190
· Average ACT-25
· Holistic review process-looking for a student who will get involved with things outside the classroom, an independent student
· Our ‘Meet the Tour Guide’ page: https://ut.welcometocollege.com/.
· The live chat is active here: https://www.ut.edu/admissions/who-is-my-counselor.
· Merit scholarship breakdown: https://www.ut.edu/admissions/financial-aid/ut-scholarships-and-grants.